switching to cellular and back to wifi over an over

Yesterday at a given time the system switched to “Cellular backup” and stayed there all day. I tried to reconnect to my wifi and it wouldn’t reconnect to my wifi. Wifi was working fine.

Then today, the system automactically switched from Cellular Backup (of which it was all day and all night) to wifi connection. About 15 minutes later the system switched back to cellular backup and then several minutes later it switched back to wifi connection which is where it is now.

Is this a problem on my end or Ring’s end? Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Hey @Harris48. Let’s see if rebooting your Base Station helps! If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Reboot Base Station > Reboot. You will need to ensure that your Base Station is connected to wifi at this time to do a successful reboot. If you cannot get your Base Station out of cellular backup still, or if you notice this issue persist after the reboot, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.