Suspected defective battery

Hello,

I suspect I have a problem with the rechargeable battery for my recently purchased 3rd gen Stickup Cam.

I charged my battery to 100% using my orange cable; the camera slowly drains, then drains exponentially to zero.

I also have a solar panel that seemed to charge the battery during the day (nearly to 100%), then the same thing happens with a slow drain, then quickly to zero when the sun goes down.

I unplugged the solar panel and again recharged the battery with the orange cable, installed it, and it drained in the same manner as above.

Unless I missed something, I’m thinking my battery is defective; I purchased the cam on Amazon on 26 Apr 23.

Help!

v/r,
Biggs

Hi @1m_biggs. I’d suggest resetting your Camera by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If this same battery issue persists after the reset, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi Caitlyn, I’ll try your suggestion this weekend, thank you for responding so quickly!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.