Surprisingly Bad First Experiencene

I contemplated submitting this but felt it’s justified. After spending a few weeks researching and reviewing the numerous DIY alarm systems out there now, I settled on Ring. They appear to have solid products, reviews, and the backing of Amazon. However, I now have a change of heart due to my initial experience and haven’t even set up the system. I cancelled my previous monitoring service (clunky devices, increasing fees etc) and went ahead and purchased an alarm kit among several other additions from Ring. Well, the kit never arrived. And it took me calling several times to get someone from Ring to take action on this. I finally received a response and was told a couple weeks after purchase that the kit was no longer in stock and I’d have to wait two months to receive the equipment. I requested something else in it’s place be shipped and was denied that option. I then requested a refund of the equipment so I could use the hundreds of dollars I spent to buy a kit that is in stock. Mind you, they don’t list in or out of stock on the site, do I have to guess on this? I was told I can receive the refund, however, I now have to wait for the cancellation to be approved before a refund can be issued. I haven’t received any feedback on when this may get cancelled. This is unacceptable for a security company. It took me calling three times to get someone to believe me that I hadn’t received the equipment. Now I’m being told I have to wait on a refund. Let me reemphasize, I cancelled my previous security monitoring service to sign up for Ring Alarm. I am now unprotected and I am not being provided satisfactory customer service. Suppose I’ll try another security solution.

1 Like

Hi @jeffrey28 ,
I am having the same terrible experience. I order a bundled kit three weeks ago, with Expedited Shipping. I received most of the parts the following week; I never received the Alarm Base Station. I contacted Ring to be told my issue would be escalated and I would receive an email, Three days later I had still not receive the email. I called only to be told that the agent could see that my order was escalated and that they had up to 72 hours to respond (way too long of an SLA). I finally receive the email and they are sending the wrong parts! I spoke to someone about the wrong parts and received the same 72 hour response. It’s been more than 72 hours at this point and still no information. They convinced me to switch from ADT, I may have no choice but to go back.
Very Disappointed,
@wired

1 Like

Same concern, long time Amazon Prime member, first time Ring customer and seriously losing patience which is saying a lot as I’m known for having a lot of patience. I ordered the first week of November, Ring charged for the order to my credit card and received confirmation my order would ship in 24 to 48 hours but there was no tracking number and I’m still waiting. It’s still showing “processing” when signed into my Dashboard. I’ve been in contact with customer service multiple times and told the order is on back order and to wait another week before requesting a refund. I can appreciate Ring is a popular solution for home automation and security creating delivery delays but what’s more frustrating is that no one seems to know when they will get new stock and on top of that they charge customers accounts before the order has even shipped. It’s like paying for Hydro for my home in advance but then having the hydro company say “sorry you’re going to have to wait a month or maybe longer or maybe more before you’ll get to use it. Hey while you’re waiting please take time to fill out our survey as we really appreciate your feedback” :roll_eyes:

Our support team can help further with looking into the status of your shipment as well as escalate your concerns/ feedback to the appropriate teams. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. We apologize for any inconvenience you are facing, and certainly intended better for our neighbors.

1 Like

Issues with ordering from Ring seems to be a frequent complaint. Hopefully there will be improvements. Next time, try ordering from Amazon. They own Ring and are very responsive and provide tracking numbers and more. Any issues, you can return the products, get a replacement, or refund.