Suggestion: Always-on Alarm Status LED

Hi There!
This is a suggestion for a future enhancement…assuming it doesn’t already exist. I just installed my Ring Alarm system and it’s fantastic. The one thing I noticed that I’m not a huge fan of is the lack of a status light on the keypads. I know this chews up battery time but could we at least get the option to always show the alarm status without having to activate the motion sensor? This is particularly beneficial at night and there’s a keypad across the room. Thanks!

1 Like

I agree 100%. We are in the process of phasing out our older security system and replacing it with Ring, but this is a huge drawback. There should be a status light when armed at the very least.

Hi neighbors! The status light on the Keypad will not stay on all the time. With the Power Save mode off, it will light up when you walk near it in the dark, but if it’s bright in the room it will not light up. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!