Subscription live but doorbell not recording

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I have a ring doorbell and spotlight camera

My trial of ring protect plus has expired so the spotlight only functions live now, but I have 7 months of ring protect on my doorbell.

However my doorbell seems to randomly suggest I have no subscription active so only live feature works and no recordings are made with motion. This is despite me checking in the app and it saying my subscription on the doorbell is live. I can’t make the doorbell acknowledge the subscription, its only after a few days that it recognises its live and recordings recommence (until it stops again!)

Why is this happening and any suggestions on how to fix? I’m essentially losing days of my subscription I’ve pre paid for!

Hi @Damos. As long as you have a current Ring Protect plan enabled with your Ring Doorbell, you should be able to view any recordings that were taken as long as the plan was also active then. If you notice this again, I would definitely recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what our support team says if you reach out. :slight_smile: