Subscription for ring door

I just pay my one year subscription for basic plan on my ring doorbell after the free trial expired it’s been three days now and I can’t still view anything when I get motion notification it keeps saying I need to get a plan subscription but when. I checked my y subscription it is active and won’t expired for another year.

Hi @GabePI. Make sure you’re trying to view a motion event that happened after you subscribed to the Ring Protect plan. If you try and view an event that happened before subscribing, it won’t be available to view. If you are trying to view events that happened after you subscribed but you’re receiving these messages, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can pull up your Ring account and take a closer look to make sure that your plan is properly in place. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.