Stupidest thing I have seen in a long time

I have installed ringdoor bell3 that I purchased 3 yrs on a brickwall. I need to change the wifi. Can’t remove the device (don’t want to damage the wall). There should be an easier way to get to the QR code/ PIN - it can’t be this difficult. Customer service gave me two default PIN and it does not work.
Why can’t we access the QR code or PIN online - Who designed this … VERY poor

The best joke - the customer service offered me the # of a professional installer who will charge to remove the device so I can scan the QR code … I still have to deal with the damaged brick wall

#Don’tBuyRingDoorbell - Bad and poor design

If they made it easier to get the QR code without removing the device, anyone could take over the device.

I tear the QR code label off the devices I’ve installed (or save the QR code label packed in the box) and keep them around just in case I ever need to, say, reprogram a flood light without having to take it off the wall while I’m on a ladder.

Hi Neighbors. This Ring Community post here might be useful to you, as another neighbor has found an alternative method for solving this concern. If you are unable to resolve this, you can reach out to our support team for assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.