Stuck on Activating Device - Ring Doorbell 2

Whenever I get a Ring alert on my phone, if I try to connect immediately it stays on “Activating Device…” until it ultimately fails. Doesn’t matter if I’m home on same wifi or remote. I’m able to view the video a couple of minutes later, but not live when the person might still be there. Device Health shows signal strenght as RSSI-57.

Help!

Hi @MarkL192. Being stuck in activating device is normally because of how high your RSSI is. You can learn more about this in our Community post here, and look into some options and things you can try out to decrease your RSSI.

My RSSI is at 40, I checked my internet speeds in the location I put my ring and it’s well over 120mbps. Still unable to load live view and it’s been like this for months.

Hi @Monmon612, happy to chime in here. If you’re having Live View concerns, you can reference our Community Post here for some different tips and tricks. If the suggestions there don’t help resolve this, you can reach our support team at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look into this deeper and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.