Streaming Error after motion notification on doorbell 2

Hi there,

I have been having this issue for a while now. I have ring doorbell 2 and especially after a motion notification when i get into Live view it will give me streaming error, it will remain the same for few mins then it will start working again.

Now im sure its not any of my mobiles, or the router, or the speed, or the app version (did all useless recommendations on website and even with a phone call)

Im not on any protect plan however i suspect that when there is a motion notification, the bell starts uploading the video to rings server anyway which blocks my live view.

Now, is there a solution to this? It doesn’t make sense that i cant view my notification ! I tried to explain this to the support team but they don’t seem to be techie, rather than reading a ready made script.

Any solution?

Hey, @MG! It looks like you’ve tried a great many steps here. A streaming or live video error is often due to wifi signal, Ring app, and mobile device variables. As you’ve checked the wifi speed supplied by your router, we also recommend checking RSSI variables as described in our Community post. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is always a great step, as is ensuring there is not a vpn enabled.

As you mentioned this occurs when answering a motion event, the next time a motion notification comes through, try opening the Ring app and engaging in a live view to see if this accesses the event without any trouble. When not subscribed to a Protect Plan it is crucial to catch events in real time, of course, as they are not being recorded. I recommend trying out our Rapid Ring app, designed for the quickest access to live view. This should improve your experience with catching events live. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have tried everything you have mentioned, didnt solve it.

As i said the streaming error specifically happens when there is a motion notification and i respond to it, and i get a streaming error.

I believe the ring firmware requires an update.

Please get a further technical analysis and come back to me

Hi @MG. Happy to step in here for Marley. If the above mentioned steps didn’t provide a solution, it may be best to follow up with our support team. With this being a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, you would be best served getting a further technical analysis from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi @MG I’ve just posted here the exact same thing.
Did you get anywhere with support?

I’ve had the same problem. I don’t remember this being an issue when I had ring protect. Done the usual checks and everything is fine, just responding to a motion notification always gives a streaming error. Trying a few minutes later no problem. Can this be looked into please