Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
P
Strange light (orb) alerting camera
hardwired-security-cameras
Since about 4 weeks one of my security cams started sending alerts because of a light moving along the bottom of the frame. I thought this was an outside light because it is next to a door, until my second camera started sending alerts as well. This time the thing alerting it was clearly visible, but I don't know what this is. It's a light seemingly hovering in mid air. It has a mechanical motion. I can see a sort of beam below it. I stood in the exact spot with my phone in hand. It is not visible to the naked eye. I Assume it's an infrared light. It is driving me nuts because my camera is sending alerts in the middle of the night. I can't adjust the sensor area as it is moving around. Is this an internal reflection? [Video of strange light](https://youtu.be/Of1OUSmNllw)

01-09-2023 08:21:46

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Pascal31. From what I have seen before, what your Camera is recording could be dust or spider webs. I would try cleaning around the area where the Camera is. Also, to test to see if it is something inside the lens, place the Camera in another room to see if it records the same thing. If it is something within the lens, reach out to our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406#store-opening-hours) for further assistance.

04-09-2023 04:58:00

U
My camara is not working

04-09-2023 05:06:21

T
Hi @user57254. That's a bummer! Try creating a new topic and explain the specific issues you are having so we can address your concerns.

05-09-2023 04:56:26

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

05-10-2023 04:56:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User