Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Strange bug - Ring floodlights motion warning keeps turning off by itself
hardwired-security-cameras
modes
troubleshooting
Hi All I hope someone can assist with this, I have 2 ring floodlight cameras (along with alarm system and doorbell) and I would like to use the motion warning feature, at the moment i'm getting very strange behaviour. When I switch the motion warning on manually it warns me that "this feature is controlled by your mode settings" and will be reversed next time I enter disarmed mode. The issue is when I go into my mode settings and then cameras, for both floodlight cameras I only get 2 options, motion detection and live view, there is no way to set motion warning settings for modes, has anyone had this behaviour? Thank you for your help

26-10-2023 09:16:16

Responses (1)

T
Hi @marcster. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This neighbor [HERE](https://community.ring.com/t/motion-warning-being-disabled-in-disarmed-mode/225864/6) has a similar concern, where I've addressed a solution.

30-10-2023 03:56:54

M
Thank you, it looks like your solution did not work for that poster either. I have followed those steps but like that poster, there is no option for me to control motion warnings via modes, i've disabled and re-enabled, reinstalled the app, spoken to support for over 2 hours but no luck.

31-10-2023 10:40:27

T
Hi @marcster. Sorry to hear that this didn't work for you. I've notified my team and they are looking into this concern. Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

02-11-2023 02:51:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User