Stolen Stick-Up Camera

Hello there,

I recently had my ring stick-up camera stolen.

Unfortunately, there was no footage of the thief taking the camera (whether they snuck up to not get detected, or whether it didn’t detect him I’m not sure).

My questions are:

1. Is there any way that there was a continuous stream of footage that gets backed up on Ring’s end that I could access to see the thief? If so, how do I do this?
  2. How do I delete/unregister that camera now that it is gone? Will I still be charged for monitoring now that it is gone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry to hear about this @EricSK. Check out our help center article about Ring device theft for help on how to obtain a police report, and how to obtain a replacement device. To remove a device from the Ring app, visit the device settings for that device, then select general settings, and select to remove the device.

This will not automatically cancel your Subscription, but you can certainly do that through your account options via web browser, at Ring.com. Keep in mind, cancelling subscription would mean that any videos currently stored will be lost. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t removing it from the account cause whoever that stole it allow them to use it? Since it’s no longer tied to an account. Wouldn’t it be better to call customer service and make them aware of it being stolen and then have them remove it?

2 Likes

Hi, are you covered by Rings theft protection? You should contact support, even if it’s to let them know it’s been stolen, cancel your plan etc. A reported stolen Ring cam is on no use to anyone, apart from the battery if it had one.

1 Like