Still no geofencing?!?!?

Seems like Ring is one of the only major players in the home security industry to not have a geofencing option. I would subscribe to the alarm monitoring service if Ring was to get with the game and finally get onboard with geofencing. Too many false alarms for me otherwise as I often forget to manually arm and disarm the alarm. Not sure why the resisitance to geofencing as it seems like they could make it optional for those who wanted to use it and those who did not.

4 Likes

Hey @dxj602. We have gotten the request for Geofencing a few times and rest assured we have made sure to make the appropriate teams aware of this need that our neighbors have. We are always working on making the neighbors experience better and appreciate feedback on how we can do just that! I will make sure to add your interest to the hat, as well as pass on a note to my teams a nice reminder of our neighbors wants. In addition, feel free to check out our feature request board and up vote any post you see in regards to Geofencing (there should be a couple) as well as up vote any other ideas you are liking in there! :slight_smile:

Honestly, I’ve done so much research while trying to decide on a security system upgrade. Ring is my top pick but not having geofencing is a dealbreaker. And it’s an additional bummer that they are only using community suggestions/questions as the basis for R&D on a function found in nearly every other major diy security system. When you have a busy family with forgetful teens coming and going, arming and disarming manually is problematic. This bums me out because Ring seems to be really good on alot of other fronts.

3 Likes

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @dxj602. We have gotten the request for Geofencing a few times and rest assured we have made sure to make the appropriate teams aware of this need that our neighbors have. We are always working on making the neighbors experience better and appreciate feedback on how we can do just that! I will make sure to add your interest to the hat, as well as pass on a note to my teams a nice reminder of our neighbors wants. In addition, feel free to check out our feature request board and up vote any post you see in regards to Geofencing (there should be a couple) as well as up vote any other ideas you are liking in there! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am on the trial of the alarm system, but i find it ridiculous that this is not included, at least to set the alarm system. THe amount of times i have left and forgot to set the alarm, makes it kind of useless! Silly that such an advanced system does not have such a basic feature. Even a prompt when you leave/come back to arm/disarm would be helpful. They could utilize the 2 factor security built into phones to ensure it is not misused!

1 Like

Any updates on when geofencing may be available on the Ring Alarm? Most of the “professional” reviewers note lack of geofencing as one of the main criticisms of the product. I have been asking this question for two years now and always get the same response, that they are constantly working on adding new features in the future. Is there a reason why they chose not to include this feature and have continued to not add this feature? If so, perhaps it would be more understandable to many of us who cannot figure out why there appears to be such resistence to adding it when it would seen so beneficial to many.

You seem to be ignoring your paying customers about geofencing! It’s almost 2021 and you are still not implementing such a commonplace feature.
If you can’t implement this basic feature why not at least give us an Apple Watch app so we can at least set/disarm our alarms from our wrist.
I am rapidly losing faith in Ring.
You are working on a flying camera but not adding features that are in just about every other camera system even really cheap ones from much smaller companies!
Come on Ring up your game

Still nothing on this?? How hard can this possibly be? The iPhone and Android phones do it automatically. Nest does it Arlo does it. Please add this functionality!

This is really ridiculous!
You can search on here for “geofence” and see the amount of customer replies/comments asking for this feature to be added. I have 6 cameras, 20 window/door sensors, smoke detectors, motion sensors, 2 keypads. If I had it to do all over again I would pick another company. When anyone in my family or friends ask, I tell them, GET SOMETHING OTHER THAN RING! They way behind the others and very slow at adding features. If it wasn’t for the amount of hardware I already have I would switch in a heartbeat!

@Chelsea_Ring your response was almost a year ago and STILL ring has not implemented GeoFencing
Start showing your paying customers some innovation!
You are working on flying cameras but haven’t implemented something that has been in rival cameras/alarms/thermostats for years!

Hey there, neighbors! We greatly appreciate you all sharing your interests and feedback with our Community. Your feedback is important to us and we are constantly sharing it with our teams here, while they work to improve your experiences. We are happy to announce that there is a new Geofence feature available for US based neighbors. This feature offers you an auto-snoozing of your notifications for your Doorbells and Cameras. Plus it has an Alarm Mode reminder too! Check out Riley’s Community article here, for more information on this new Geofence feature, and feel free to let us know what you think! :slight_smile:

Once again…this is NOT the feature everyone is asking for. No one wants reminders, we just want the system to arm and disarm automatically.

The manual process of arming and disarming is the pain point. Maybe you guys should actually comprehend the requests instead of marketing useless features that bloat the app and are never used.

The problem I see now is Ring will think they have solved the problem and will now no longer look into providing true GeoFencing

Blade; The fly in that ointment is that if the system automatically sets when you leave the geofence it means that someone who is still home may not appreciate setting off the alarm when you have gone out. Ok if you live alone but not for a family.

Samsung SmartThings has had this for years as each users mobile can be set in the app as individual presence sensor triggers so if there are 2 users the app sets the alarm when both devices leave the property if 1 goes it does nothing, then if either returns it disarms then if they leave again it rearms the system, it can also be setup for more than 2 users so would easily cover most families.