Stickup Cam Firmware Constantly Updating

I’ve bought a second Stickup Cam Battery to add to the alarm system.

Since setting it up and adding it the app and alarm, it appears to be stuck showing the ‘firmware update’ sequence of flashing lights on the front. The cam is in the app but not accessible. It has drained through two full charges of the battery and still won’t stop the firmware update flashing.

I’ve tried resetting the cam and removing from the app/system and it’s just done the same thing again.

Any ideas? Anyone had similar? Or is it simply duff hardware that needs replacing (as I suspect here!).

Hi @TheTranter. Have you tried resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds? If not, please give this a try, and then set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t resolve this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at this concern for you and get it taken care of. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Not a helpful response, at all. The person clearly states that they reset the device.

[quote=“TheTranter, post:1, topic:18485”]
I’ve tried resetting the cam and removing from the app/system and it’s just done the same thing again.[/quote]

Going through something similar. My stick up cam goes into updating mode whenever I interact with it. Get a streaming error when I try live view. Battery was fully charged this AM, now 2 hours later I’m getting a prompt saying that the battery needs to charge. This beyond frustrating

Hi there, @mimihatem! Often times when an update is trying to go through multiple times, or is taking a long time to complete, it can be due to connection variables. The best way to complete this update will be to bring the Camera inside near the router. Please also ensure there are not other electronics or appliances nearby that could interfere with signal. As you mentioned the battery is fully charged, please face it in a direction where motion will not trigger, and allow some time for the update to complete before attempting any live view in the Ring app.

If the update is still not completing, contacting our support team is the best next step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

so ring company still sending defect device just like the one i bought yesterday. everything went well besides updating firmware that got stuck in 90% and then thats it. now they will sent me another one and wAIT for 7 to 10 business days. now i am afraid to open another one because i bought two camera. pls. stop sending defect device.

Im having the same issue. It seems to be stuck in update mode. Whenever i contact support they tell me to do the same thing ive already done more than once. They told me it could take up to 24 hrs to update, which ive never seen take longer than 10 minutes. So i left it and after 48 hrs and another drad battery, no change. Im about ready to throw this thing across the street

Same problem here. Not sure I want to contact support as it appears they tend to ignore the customer’s input and blindly suggest steps that have already been performed. Not impressed with Ring shipping defective devices.

Hi @SK707. If you are having this concern, I suggest reaching out to our support team. It may seem like they are having you do troubleshooting steps you’ve already done, but they are doing this to gather diagnostic information about the device so they can have a baseline data point. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.