Stick up cams, 20' from router, continuously lose wifi siginal

I dont understand why such expensive cameras continue to lose wifi siginal. I have broadband, wifi6, mesh network in my home, and all of a sudden, 3 cams just drop, all the time. The convenience of Ring, saying wifi drops when metal, wood, concrete, pretty much anything a house is made of, hinders the siginal. Why all of a sudden? Xhime network, that once worked fine, now does not. Wifi, that once was fine, now is not? What the heck is going on at Ring? I am heavily invested in this system, and nowbits failing. What are you gonna do about it? No “general” answers will be accepted. I am very angry.

Hi @user36954. When it comes to wifi connectivity, there are many factors at play that can impact how well a particular device remains connected. This includes different building materials, alongside other factors such as distance and wifi interference. A distance of about 20 feet shouldn’t impact the connectivity too much, as we typically recommend 25 feet or less. I’d recommend verifying the signal strength of your Ring Cameras by checking the Device Health page.

Mesh networks can be tricky at times with how different devices connect to the nodes. It’s possible your Ring devices are connecting to a node that doesn’t provide as strong of a signal as another node. If you can, I’d recommend checking the settings of your mesh network to see if you can set a certain device to connect to only a certain node. One other thing you can do is ensure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network.

The Ring Community is a public forum where our team can assist with general troubleshooting tips and tricks. This is because we do not have access to any account or device information, given that this is a public forum. If the information I shared above doesn’t help resolve this issue, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to take a deeper dive. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.