Stick up cameras offline after battery charge

Hello,
I pulled the batteries out of my 2 stickup cameras in order to charge them. When I reinstalled the batteries, the cameras refused to go back online. They came up for a bit then went offline again. I removed the cameras, went through the setup process, moved them right next to the base station and put them back up. They went offline again and today they are offline. They were working fine up until the battery replacement.

(Info: They are away from the base station but I do have a range extender closer.)

Are these things that sensitive to power off?
(FYI, I just purchase 2 new batteries as replacements so that they can be quickly replaced next time)

Hi @CTGunner. The Stick Up Cams connect to the internet via wifi from your router, so they don’t need to be near the Base Station as the Base Station is not a wifi access point that the Cameras are connecting to. The Range Extender is also not for wifi, it extends the Z-Wave network that your Base Station uses to communicate with your Ring Alarm components.

I’d recommend checking the RSSI on your Stick Up Cams as a high RSSI can indicate an unstable or weak wifi connection. This is usually due to distance, speeds, or interference. You can learn more about RSSI in our Community Post here and more about how to make wifi work for you in our Help Center Article here. I hope this information is helpful! :slight_smile: