Stick up camera shows offline but is still working

Recently one or more of my ring stickup cameras are showing offline in the app and on my web account but they are still recording video and sending alerts so they are connected ok to rings servers. If I remove the battery and reboot then the camera works ok for a couple of days with access to its health and status. It will then just go offline and I lose access to the camera status but it carries on ‘working’. I see a few people have reported similar in the past but haven’t seen any real answer as to why this happens and what the answer is to solve it.

Hi @user5510. Would you mind reaching out to our support team about this matter? Since you’ve reset the Camera and it works for a few days but then this happens again, our support team can help troubleshoot this further with you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I had this same issue and per the advise of another ring support page, changed my wifi 2.4ghz to channel 11 from auto and it is now working again fingers crossed

2 Likes

Hi @btkeenan. Thanks for letting us know. The Ports and Protocols that Ring uses can be found here, just in case anyone needs this information.

1 Like

I do also have this issue recurrently, without rebooting the cam after a couple of days the camera show online again but then another one show the offline status and still record motion and send alert.
I would also add that they even update their preview thumbnail in the dashboard despite showing offline as a status.
The inconvenient is that live view cannot be accessed when this happen.
My system uses different wi-fi repeaters on different channels from 2 different networks, both networks are impacted by this issue.