Stick up cam

So my cam is plugged in and the alert on the phone says Battery low. My cam is not battery operated, and the charge is full, why am I getting this notice? I can’t access a live view… is there a battery in there even though it’s plugged in? If it’s plugged in, why do I need to charge it? I look at hx and the camera works but I can’t access Live View. Help!!!

@Josiegirl wrote:
So my cam is plugged in and the alert on the phone says Battery low. My cam is not battery operated, and the charge is full, why am I getting this notice? I can’t access a live view… is there a battery in there even though it’s plugged in? If it’s plugged in, why do I need to charge it? I look at hx and the camera works but I can’t access Live View. Help!!!

When you installed the camera did you scan the QR code or pick the type of camera on the app? I’m wondering if you picked a battery stick up camera rather than wired so the app displays a battery status

Thanks for responding - I didn’t install it - I had a friend do it. Is there a way to check? Do I need to call Ring?

@Josiegirl wrote:
Thanks for responding - I didn’t install it - I had a friend do it. Is there a way to check? Do I need to call Ring?

Can you get the friend back. Delete the camera and reset it then re install using either the QR code on the camera or make sure they select the correct camera

Not easy to phone Ring with current restrictions

1 Like

Thanks for responding! I will re-install it! Where do I find the QR code?

1 Like

Is this for the Stick Up Cam Battery or Plug in? Gosh, I want to say either way, it is near where you would insert the battery or the wire. It’s a tiny code. There should also be a print out paper in the box that has the code on it too. I believe in the little ‘Welcome’ blue packet. Let me know once you find it!! Thanks for assisting @ChrisJohn – way to be a great neighbor :slight_smile: