Hello my name is Sal,
I been having lots of problem with my ring stick up camera (battery operated). It doesn’t enter live streaming on my app 90% of the time. Secondly it turns off by itself. I have bought WiFi extender and now have upgraded to faster internet.
I have uninstalled and installed the camera twice from the app. Still no improvement. Same pattern occurs.
Please Help, I have been using it to monitor my newborn child.
Hello my name is Sal,
I’m having the same exact problem
Same with me this is my second stick up cam and now it can’t even find my Wi Fi router. Seems like it works for about a few months then randomly stops connecting to the internet very frustrating
Hey neighbors! It’s important to note that your Live View can be affected by many different factors, and though you may have the same concern, you all could be having this concern for different reasons. Live View is normally affected from a poor wifi connection, reduction in upload/download speeds, low battery on the device, a high RSSI value, interference from the router, or the wifi connection in the home being used elsewhere (kids, family, friends or roommate using the internet or working from home). If you are experiencing more concerns than just Live View, you can try the steps, but it may be best handled with our support team if your device is not functioning as it should. Below I will list out all possible options you can try! I’ve collected this from other neighbors and my own personal experience.
Some neighbors have found relief to this concern by doing the following to their network:
- Switching from connection to a router to a mesh system/Chime Pro/extenders and vice versa
- Rebooting your router, ensuring that all ports and protocols are opened for the Ring devices
- Ensuring you have proper speeds. Lots of neighbors during this time have noticed slower speeds because of the current conditions and changes to at-home life
- Disabling any VPNs
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their Ring device:
- Completely reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds
- Removing the device (after saving any recordings you may need) and then re-setting the device up
- Testing Live View with the device next to the router
- Ensuring the device is fully charged
- Looking at Device Health and confirming RSSI is in an acceptable range
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their app:
- Disabling VPNs on the phone
- Removing the app, rebooting the phone, reinstalling the Ring app
- Trying the Rapid Ring app
- Connecting to the app on wifi or mobile data only (testing whichever connection is not your normal)
- Updating app/OS software on the phone
If you don’t feel comfortable enough performing any of these troubleshooting steps to see if you can get your Live View working again, you can always contact our support team directly. They can take a look into your account and device to determine what is really going on, and what factor may be at play here. Please feel free to come back to this thread and post the solutions that you have found for Live View! For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support
Multiple people are having issues with stickup cam gen 3 stop working suddenly, and then starts working. If you have a look from last 1-2 weeks you’ll find the other threads.
As so many of us are having the issue, I’ve been suggesting people call support. After they make you do the basic troubleshooting they will be able to escalate the case. If they see multiple people having the issue they can hopefully release a firmware update to fix this.