Stick-Up Cam Won't Activate Live View, No Longer Getting Motion Alerts

I got my Stick Up Cam in December of last year. For a week or two it seemed to be doing fine, except that it never came with the correct casing to be mounted on the wall and that the camera feed has a purple filter after a night (I’m assuming when it activates Night Vision it gets wonky). Suddenly it stopped letting me access live-view (It would get stuck on Activating Device and then time out) and would stop recording and alerting motion events (events I knew were happening like when I asked a friend to grab my mail and she told me she got it but my camera never did). Frustrated, I deactivated it and removed it from my app and let it sit until now.

As a bride with a wedding in a few months, I’m getting a lot of expensive things shipped to me and I was going to be out of town for a few days with no idea if UPS was going to pull a fast one and ship early. So I pulled out the Stick Up Cam and set it up again, full battery charge and an RSSI of 50 (which isn’t bad considering its outside). I got a few motion alerts and recordings of my mailman and UPS dropping off a package. But I could not get live-view to work. It would be stuck on Activating and time out again. After the first night, the purple filter came back on as well. And now I’m not even getting motion alerts or recordings (I had my neighbor pick up my package and she texted me when she did and my camera had nothing).

I’m not sure what to do.

We’re here to help, @savvycatmom! Once you’ve got the Camera powered up, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds in order to reset the Camera. Next, please complete the setup in the Ring app as normal, and allow the Camera to update.

Meanwhile, our Community post about RSSI and this one on Troubleshooting Live View, has some great tips on a fine tuned approach to optimal connection.

I recommend also trying out the Rapid Ring app, designed for the quickest access to live view. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: