Stick Up Cam Wired - "Live view disabled due to low battery"

Not sure if a new update got pushed, but this evening my Stick Up Cam Wired has a Live View disabled warning due to “Low Battery.” Obviously there is no battery, and the app has always shown 0% battery. It is set up and showing as “Power source-Wired” and nothing else has changed. Very frustrating considering I literally just signed up for the Plus plan this morning for our devices.

1 Like

I had the exact same thing happen today as well with my stick up cam plug-in. It seemed to resolve itself. I suspect either a firmware update to the camera or something in the app/back end caused this issue temporarily.

I’ve only had the camera for a few weeks, and it was working fine until today. Since you had the same issue today, it seems some type of software update somewhere caused it.

Mine seems to have resolved itself also.

1 Like

I had the same issue and found no (correct) answers on this Community. After creating a new post on this issue just a little while ago, I got no answers so I finally called Ring support.

Here is the answer from Support: “A hardwired Ring Video Doorbell does not actually use the wired power to run its operations. It relies on the battery for that. The trickle charge the Ring Video Doorbell gets from being hardwired is solely used to charge the battery.

So the solution is to (1) let the battery charge by minimizing the number of events recorded (through the motion settings or snooze the device or (2) replace the battery if it isn’t charging, or (3) Bring the battery indoors for a while if it’s too cold outside or (4) move to Hawaii.

Got the same today on a newly installed hard wired camera. Can’t find any help relating to this bizarre message… "live view is disabled because ‘Shed’ has a low battery. To reiterate, camera is hard wired and has no battery. Any help appreciated.

1 Like

I plugged in a battery stick-up without the battery, worked for weeks now no Live view because “low battery” Does Ring read these?

2 Likes

Same for me. Hardwired Stick-Up Cam, reporting low battery even though it’s been plugged in and reported as hard-wired for over a year. Sounds like all systems are NOT operational.

RING ARE YOU THERE? SAME PROBLEM. There is no battery in my wired stickup cam. Same low battery message. Did everything I could. Deleted camera from app. Unplugged camera. Reset camera. Added camera back onto app. Got the Rome wasn’t built in a day message. Did this twice and still getting the same message. How do WE fix this?

1 Like

Yet another post Ring doesn’t acknowledge

Hi neighbors! Thanks for calling this concern out sharing what troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far to resolve it. Additionally, @ScottL1 had some great suggestions for what to try if you’re experiencing this concern, so if you haven’t given those steps a try yet, I’d recommend doing so. If those suggestions do not resolve this, then our support team can assist further by offering more in-depth help. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. The camera is working fine too, motion detection and snapshots are all being recorded, it’s just live view…
It was after a heavy rain storm, so maybe these cameras aren’t as weatherproof as they’re supposed to be?
I’ve done all the steps that ring have asked me to do and chatted to them online and they just keep pushing me towards calling them so if it doesn’t resolve itself in a week or so, I’ll probably do that.

Gotta say, the one thing I’m not a fan of is the Ring Customer Support, it’s pretty shocking…

My Ring wired stick up Cam has been having this issue recently. Tried everything but still no joy. Has there been a resolution to this?

Thanks in advance