Stick up cam wire

Hi, can I ask the best method to run the stick up cam 3rd gen ac adapter cable from an internal plug socket, through an external wall and out the cam? The plug is moulded on, the other end has the moulded Jack. The hole would have to be huge to accommodate this, but it seems the adapter doesn’t come apart to allow me to feed just the wire through. Has anyone had any luck with this? Thanks!

Hi @Nickspe. For this concern, it would be best to consult a local licensed electrician. This is something the they do regularly and would be able to best advise on your specific situation. I hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your answer. I think you are right. Better to get the pro’s in.

Can I ask, with the cable and the big barrel attachment, can the barrel remain outside? It seems to have a rubber gasket inside where the two parts clip together to make it weatherproof, but there is nothing to say it can stay outside?
Obviously the plug itself will be indoors in a socket. Thanks again, Nick.

Hey @Nickspe. Would you be able to take a picture or two of your connection with the barrel plug and share it here? This way, I can have a team member look at it and we can determine if the fit is good or not. Thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this!

Hi, yeah this is the product straight off the website.
It is made up of two cables, connecting into that large block in the centre.
It would have to be a very large hole in the wall to get that block through!

You can disconnect the block from one end, but even that still leaves quite a large connector on the removed cable. Still an issue to get through a wall, so the ideal situation is to have the entire big block remain outside. However I cannot find anywhere if this is ok to do, for waterproofing etc.

Sorry I can’t see how to add pictures, this is the link to the website with the product on though. Hope that helps?

Hi there, @Nickspe! After checking with our teams here, we were able to obtain an illustration of the intended installation for the Indoor/ Outdoor Power Adapter. Ultimately, the box or module that is centralized on the Power Adapter is intended to go inside your home. Check out this image for reference.

I hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed to see! Brilliant. Will get on with the install now, cheers!

2 Likes