Stick up cam went from 95% to 8% battery in 12 hours. help!

So I got a new stick up cam with the solar panel. Charged it a few days ago. Installed it about 6pm and it had 95% power. Woke up to 8%!

I attached it to the solar panel. Perhaps that is malfunctioning (or an inadvertant staple in the power cord) and that be draining the battery?

I plan on unplugging the solar, and using it in battery mode for the next 24 hours after a charge, to diagnose.

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

Hi @IdahoBrian. After you fully charge the battery for your Stick Up Cam, try resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t resolve the battery concern you’re experiencing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

totally disappointed with the solar panel add-on… Charged my battery to 100% yesterday, reset the camera in battery mode with solar panel plugged in , went from 100% to 0%, completely dead in less than 24 hrs…Without the solar panel battery generally lasts about one week…waste of money…

I’m having the same issue. I checked my % just a few hours ago and it was showing 94. Got an alert an hour or so later ‘battery at 0%’. The solar panels are facing south and in full sun all day, but yet they don’t charge the batteries.

just got off the phone with Ring Support. she had me factory reset the camera and ensure the camera was in battery mode vs wired during the setup. she said for some reason when its set to wired with the solar panel, it’ll drain the battery and not charge it. everything looked good on her end, so heres to having a full battery still at night time.