Stick up cam not recoding

Everytime i go to watch a playback video on the stick up cam it always comes up as "no video found the video for this event doesn’t exist " but it has the video on the recent activity with a time and date but it just won’t play the video. I’ve been having problems with the from day 1 of the installation of this cam. This also sometimes happens on my doorbell cam also. I have no clue why???

Hi @user25241. What is the RSSI for these devices? This information can be found in the Device Health section of the Ring app. Additionally, try viewing these videos on Ring.com. This will give you a better idea of where the problem lies. If you can view the video on Ring.com, there might be some settings that need to be adjusted on your phone. Also, be sure that you are using the proper WiFi channels for Ring devices.

I have the same problem except that mine started out working fine but began to get the "no video found the video for this event doesn’t exist " message in the second year of service. Seems to be getting worse, to the point where half of the events don’t record.
RSSI on one camera is 71; what does that tell me?
Assuming that you mean try viewing on a computer instead of a phone, that is what I usually do. What would that tell me ?

Hi @user35507. An RSSI of -71 is incredibly poor and needs to be improved for optimal performance. First, try rebooting your internet router to see if that will increase the connectivity. If not, you may need to add a Chime Pro to improve the RSSI to a non-critical level. I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.