Stick up cam lets out loud beep

2 of 3 of my stock up cameras were beeping. They said the firmware needed to be updated. Tech support said it had been updated automatically. I powered them off by removing the battery, checked the update, Had tech support verify the update too, and I haven’t had any issues since.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Mine cam has started doing this beeping too. We thought at first it was our carbon monoxide detector which is next to the camera so we changed the batteries (still beeped) then bought a new detector (still beeped.

I just was sat near the camera when it did it and worked out its the camera.

I have also noticed that since we have been hearing the beeping the resolution on the camera live view at night is nowhere near as good as it used to be or is on the other cameras

Am happy to have someone reach out to me about this - it’s getting very very annoying!

Same issue - identical parameters
Started today

Please get in touch with me

Hi Neighbors. In this case it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly, as this a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hey neighbors! To piggy - back off what @Tom_Ring said, please give our support team a call to help take a look into this or go ahead and give your device a reset and reconnect it to WiFi. That should prompt your device to do an update in which we believe we fix the ‘beep’. Please let us know if this helps or if you continue to hear the beep and we’ll take a further look into this for you :slight_smile: Thanks!

This started happening today for me, after I recharged the battery on my stick up cam.

Created account just to let people know that my Zmodo security camera does the same thing. One long beep, flashing of infrared and power lights, same as everyone else.

It happens when I walk in and motion is detected. I thought it was my cell phone causing interference at first. But it seems to be a ubiquitous feature in the firmware of security cams. Still don’t know what causes it, but updates should fix.

Would be interesting to find out why this happens. And why ring and Zmodo are using such similar boards. Maybe it is just backend industry practice?

1 Like

Mine just started beeping a few weeks ago as well. Everything is connected with strong WiFi. I thought it was my smoke detector at first. Ring, any solutions to this since it looks like it’s been going on for months?

1 Like

My brand new Stickup cam started beeping, just like everyone here is complaing about. And you know what support said? “These cameras cannot beep.”

Yeah, and yet mine beeps, about every 10 minutes or so.

When I referred him to all these posts, his response was, “Well that’s not the proof I need. Can you make a recording?”

Hi neighbors! The original concern in this thread was resolved in a prior app release. If your Ring Security Camera is beeping, please try resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, take your Camera through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Once this fresh setup is complete, monitor your Camera for any beeping noises. If this persists, please take a short video recording of the beeping and have that ready when you reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.