Stick Up Cam keeps going offline

How do you switch?

I saw everyone having issues and saying it might be the outlet or GHz type, but when I had the issue it was actually my firewall on my wifi was too strict. When I lowered the firewall on the IP address site to minimum the camera started working again.

1 Like

I have 5 stick up cams and have this problem with all 3. I started with a spotlight cam which I love and never loses connection then bought 3 of these cameras for my house and 2 more for another property I have that I rent out. All 5 stick up cams lose connections after a couple days, none are battery they are all plug in so have constant power. Sometimes i can just unplug and plug them back in and other times i have to hit the orange reset button. They never go out at the same time and one of them at my rental property I put up hi so haven’t been able to reach it to reset it in a month now. Really disappointed in them and wish I wouldn’t have bought them. When they work I love them but not worth the constant losing signal and then turning off completely. Customer service just blames my wifi and is like oh see they work now good luck sir…

I am have the same issue. It keeps going off line or I can’t connect to live view.
I need to go and pull the battery out and replace it to work.

Seems like Ring expanded quickly and did little to build up their back-end support and are instead blaming it on the consumer instead of improving their product. Way to go.

I had the same issue (my Stick-Up Cam kept losing its WiFi connection). For what it’s worth, I re-configured my router to switch from 2.4 GHz channel 6 to channel 11. Knock on wood, but I haven’t lost WiFi connectivity since I made that change.

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue. It is only isolated to the Ring Stick Up Cam generation 3 plug in camera. It all started when I upgraded my Comcast modem to their hi-speed modem. All my generation 2 cameras work perfectly. No one at Ring has a clue how to fix this. They sent me three new cameras, I tired switching plugs and reset 100 times. Each morning around 1 AM is goes offline and I have to unplug it then plug it back in. It works for usually one day. I made it to three days but now back to one day and then wi-fi disconnects. This has caused me to waste a lot of time and my family has been stressed about it. Ring has no clue. It’s just non stop issues that seem to go unfixed until enough people complain.

Thanks for the response. Yes, it has been a mystery trying to figure it out. The camera has been in the same location since 2019. It all seem to happen the day after I upgraded my Comcast modem to the new X-1. It also only happens to the 3rd generation camera. I have Generation 2’s all through my house they have had no issues.

Hi All. I just wanted to add an update to this. So I pretty much figured out the issue from all the investigation and trouble shooting. It took me almost two months to get to this conclusion. The fact is the Ring Stick Up cam generation 3 has issues keeping a connection with the white new comcast modem. The 2.4 GHZ is causing it to drop offline or interrupting the connection. It will work for a day or so but then drop off. After switching my camera wi-fi to use my Chime Pro network my camera has yet to go offline. Nevertheless Ring has issue. My ultimate goal is to leave Ring. It will be a pain but at some point I have to make this leap. I am tired of dealing with firmware issues and bad equipment.