Stick up cam interfering garage remote

Hi,

I set up a stick up cam in my garage and it interferes with the garage remote. I can’t operate my garage door with my garage door opener remote controls. As soon as I remove the stick cam, my garage door opener remote controls work perfectly. Please help.

Thanks.

Hi @schun22! This is an odd concern to hear of as the two devices should certainly work individually and without an issue. Is this garage control in the form of a physical remote control, or an app on your mobile device?

I recommend separating these devices on your home network. If your garage opener is 5 Ghz compatible, it can be moved over to that band while the Camera stays on the 2.4 Ghz frequency. Enabling a guest network on your router and connecting your Camera to it can also help to separate these devices. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Thansk for the reply.

Garage door opener is not the type that can connect to network. My garage door oponer is a physical remote and also the one that we set up on the car’s rear mirror. Both could not work when the stick up cam is On.

Thank you for clarifying that @schun22! With your garage door opener not being network connected, that makes this concern even more unusual as there should be no similarity between the two. If you have a wired Stick Up Cam and the garage door opener is using the same plug outlet, try using another outlet. Otherwise, this will definitely need a closer look by our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to update us on your results! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue - any solutions here?

Same issue here. I installed a stick up camera in my garage, however now my multiple remote controls only occasionally work for my liftmaster garage door. The moment I unplugged the camera, everything started to work fine again.

I ended up buying a MyQ wifi garage door sensor just so I would have some sort of security for my Ring system, however it is a pretty big bummer I can’t have a camera, especially since I live in the city. I would love another solution if this problem is solved.

Same problem , did ring come up with a solution ?