stick up cam has lost signal but door bell cam is working fine

i have had a few instances now where either one of my cameras or both lose signal and arent recording, or even showing on live view, i have checked on the app, it states they are connected and working fine.

were having to switch off and on again to make it work, this is a problem because if were away from home this cant be done. it cant be related to any WIFI issues as some of the other cameras will be working fine and one wont work, and it also cant be to do with distance from the router as the ones further away will be working ten the one closest will stop

this cant be right, in my opinion this isnt fit for purpose for a security system, dos anyone else have these issues

Hey @richardemery44. The next time you run into this issue, please contact our support team so they can look more into it. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share how you were able to resolve this! :slight_smile: