Stick up cam elite

Is stick up cam elite now called stick up cam wired? And stick up cam wired is now stick up cam plug in?

@James7 wrote:
Is stick up cam elite now called stick up cam wired? And stick up cam wired is now stick up cam plug in?

Hello @James7 ,

The “Stick Up Cam Battery” and the “Stick Up Cam Plug In” are the same Ring device. What makes them different is whether they come with a Quick Release Battery Pack (when you order the Stick Up Cam Battery) or whether it comes without a battery and has a plug in two electrical power cords can be used as a single 8-foot long cord or combined to form a 22.9-foot long cord…hat comes in two sections (Stick Up Cam Plug in). Both communicate their video data to your Wi-Fi router at 2.4 GHz.

These 2nd generation Stick Up Cam (Battery & Plug In) devices come from the factory with the same factory software firmware hard-loaded on them. But during your setup, depending if you designate that it will be powered by a battery or a power cord, it will then download different firmware to provide different options and capabilities. Several features will be different, such as the Motion Zones and Snapshot intervals, because the battery powered firmware avoids ‘high-energy depleting’ options in order to extend battery life.

The newest 3rd Gen version is the Stick Up Cam Elite with PoE (Power over Ethernet), which can utilizing an Ethernet cable for both power and communicating directly to your router. It can also use a wireless data Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz or 5GHz. It also comes with a PoE Adapter (with power supply) for 100 to 240 Volts AC (AC adapter included).

There is no official Stick Up cam version called the “Stick Up Cam Wired”. There is however a Ring “Spotlight Cam Wired.”

When some people talk about their “Stick Up Cam Plug In”, they interchangably use the word “wired” instead of saying “plug in.” So with the additonal “Spotlight cam Wired” model thrown into the mix, it is understandable and not uncommon for people to get confused about the official model name.

I hope this helps clear up the different Stick Up Cams for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah @James7,

If you’re curious what I meant in the previous post, when I said,

“it comes without a battery and has a plug in two electrical power cords that can be used as a single 8-foot long cord or combined to form a 22.9-foot long cord that comes in two sections (Stick Up Cam Plug in)”

then here is a link with pictures that better describes what I’m talking about (note: the last post in this thread has the corrected lengths of 8-feet & 14.9-feet for a total combined length of 22.9-feet):

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Length-of-the-power-cable-that-comes-with-the-Ring-Stick-Up-Cam/m-p/55511

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this. I ordered an elite but what arrived said wired on the box (pic attached). But ring just confirmed it is the elite, and have taken the feedback to clear up the naming confusion…

Always good to know you’re not going crazy ?!

Thanks again

1 Like

@James7 wrote:
Thanks for this. I ordered an elite but what arrived said wired on the box (pic attached). But ring just confirmed it is the elite, and have taken the feedback to clear up the naming confusion…

Always good to know you’re not going crazy ?!

Thanks again

@James7 ,

Now that is weird (the pic of your box) for the Stick Up Cam Elite. Evidently the box label printers (or someone at Ring that submitted the title to the printers) are easily confused too! LOL

**_"Everyday I learn something new, that is a good day!"_**

_ Anonymous_

I learned something new today! Yep yep, you aren’t going crazy :slight_smile: LOL :slight_smile:

@James7 ,

OK . . . I was thinking, “That’s French writing on the box” so it got me thinking . . .

And then I found online “Best Buy” in Canada calling it a “Stick Up Cam Wired” . . .

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ring-stick-up-cam-wired-indoor-outdoor-1080p-hd-ip-camera-white/13985778

It’s just too funny. I’m in the USA, but @James7 are you in Canada? :slight_smile:

@James7 ,

Canada “Best Buy” store Stick Up Cam Elite . . .

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ring-stick-up-cam-elite-wired-indoor-outdoor-1080p-hd-ip-camera-white/14402179

Still funny/weird :slight_smile: