Stick Up Cam Elite unavailable?

Is the Stick Up Cam Elite still being produced? I can’t find it for sale anywhere. Even ring.com removed it from the products page.

The Stick Up Camera Elite is indeed on our website at Ring.com, however, it looks to be unavailable for purchase currently. This is often due to stock or shipping, in which there is an option on the product page to be notified once it is available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have beeen waiting for stick up cam
eite poe to come back in stock for months . anybody know what the holdup is?

Hi not sure if you are US or UK, it is showing in stock on ring UK.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies.
I signed up to be notified 8 months ago.
We are in the U.S…

I installed a Stick Up Cam Elite POE last year and are very happy with it. I want to put a couple more up. :confused:

1 Like

Yes in the US and not able to get these cameras, what is the hold up ring ?

1 Like

What
is the holdup on stick up cam
poe w adapter being in stock? I have been waiting months

1 Like

Oh well. Can’t wait any longer. Looking elsewhere :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Same. Going elsewhere. The fact that no one, and I mean NO ONE at ring is willing to discuss what the hold up is, makes me want to punch people. Its been FOREVER!

Don’t want a full dvr solution but I will go with Lorex. At least they have systems in stock.

2 Likes

Even if you want to defend Ring, you cannot deny the fact that they are not giving customers any kind of reassurance that a purchase of this premium product would be a good decision.

The Stick Up Cam Elite is nearly 4 years old now, and it has been out of stock direct from Ring for 6-plus months, with only small shipments periodically going to other sellers. Common sense would say that a refresh should be expected soon. Yet, Ring is not giving customers like me who need to buy 10 units right now (~$2000 purchase) any reassurance that it is happening. A simple “coming soon” would suffice. They copy and paste the same “supply chain” excuse, but never actually inquire with their teams to give a yes/no to simple questions:

Is it being discontinued? If yes, why is it still listed on your website confusing customers? If no, is a new model in development? If it is not in development, then I would presume this is the model to buy, and I will buy as many units as I need as they trickle in from the “supply chain”.

Ring, please for love of your customers, find an answer for us.

Any updates on this that anyone has heard? I’ve been waiting for an update since November of last year.

I keep checking in periodically and nothing. I know supply chains are constrained, but to leave everyone in the dark for so long is frustrating. I need 6 cameras and would prefer ring since I’ve already got an protect account for my two doorbells.

I’m going to guess that they’re getting a limited amount of components and likely just utilizing them to build their less expensive (but likely better selling versions) of their products vs. building a bunch of niche cameras that probably don’t have the same level of through. As crappy as that would be, it’d still be great to get an honest answer from someone.

I noticed this chat box here for the stick-up cam elite and was also very interested in buying this camera, even a couple if possible. I feel this would provide much clearer and faster resolution than wifi-based cameras. As for their POE line of cameras, this is pretty much all they got. That and the Door bell Elite which I’ve heard mixed reviews… I might consider getting a Ubiquiti doorbell once they are avaliable

Do we have an ETA on Ring Elite? Or another POE compatible Ring camera that will come? We need to know as we need to understand how the wiring should be done. This seems to be out of stock for years now, is this coming back? Or should we look for alternatives?

1 Like

@Marley_Ring You chimed in early on in this discussion. Any updates from Ring? I, like others in this thread, have a need for 15-20 cameras for another business location. We already utilize Ring across all of our others and I want to keep it consistent… but the lack of information related to the availability of the Ring Elite POE camera is frustrating.

I have 3 Stick Up Cam Elite cameras, all of which I bought recently from resellers, and it’s a good product. However, the Stick Up Cam Elite is nearly 4 years old now, and the image quality is dated compared to the latest Ring cameras due to its fish eye lens in the corners and darkness/fuzziness at the edges.

On Reddit a few months ago, a post was made that Ring said the Stick Up Cam Elite is indeed being discontinued. Yet, it is still listed as a product on Ring’s website and new units are trickling into resellers. It has been out of stock on Ring.com for the better part of a year. Ring is not giving customers any kind of reassurance that a large purchase of this premium product would be a good decision.

If it is not being discontinued, then common sense would say that a refresh should be expected soon. Yet, Ring is not giving customers like me who need to buy 10 units right now (~$2000 purchase) any reassurance that it is happening. A simple “coming soon” would suffice. They copy and paste the same “supply chain” excuse, but never actually inquire with their teams to give a yes/no to simple questions:

Is it being discontinued?
If yes, why is it still listed on your website confusing customers?
If no, is a new model in development?

If it is not in development, then I would presume this is the model to buy, and I will buy as many units as I need as they trickle in from the “supply chain”. Problem solved.

Ring, please for love of your customers, find some answers for us. I do not want to buy $2000 worth of 4-year old equipment that you continue to produce only to find out that it is obsolete the next day when you decide to come out with a surprise product update. And if it is indeed being discontinued, then let people know and those of us who need them will buy them up. Or, if it really is supply chain issues, the way you make people believe that it is true is to give a clear, truthful “yes” or “no” to the other questions I mentioned.

@Marley_Ring Same here… because I know you provided some feedback on another thread… any updates?