Stick Up CAM Elite POE Firmware Issue

Just purchased 5 new POE Stick Up CAM Elite devices to add to an existing network of 5 existing POE CAM’s and ALL 5 failed on startup and - 4 hung up on software updates and 1 was dead on arrival (nothing at all when installed).
All the exisiting units are working fine and have live view and ALL are working from the same router and switch.
I swapped ALL new units, one by one to existing locations using known working cabling, etc and still the same issues.
I installed multiple times, reset multiple times, etc and ALL time out on live view and ALL take forever to update with the blue circle of death.
Bottom line is - all NEW CAM’s clearly and obviously have a firmware bug.
The new POE CAM’s ALL time out on live view and say they can’t connect, but other features like motion events, siren, etc. all work.
It is nothing to do with wifi, cabling, setup, etc - it is 100% firmware in new POE CAM’s.

Hi @Harry153. As a test, try connecting one of your Stick Up Cam Elites to a WiFi hotspot. Sometimes, there are security protocols in place that are blocking the cam from connecting. If this doesn’t help, I suggest contacting our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.