Stick up cam day time via window not working

My two ring stick up cameras do not work through the window during the day. I knew they’d not work at night but they don’t work during the day either. No recordings of motion etc. I can access them manually and they show things. They are on different sides of the house so different sun angles etc from one another. They sort of worked when I first got them but then suddenly stopped detecting anything. How do I get them to actually detect movement?

Hi @Boldlygoborg. This could be due to how your Motion Settings are configured. I would first try to adjust your Motion Settings and then test the cameras motion detection with the window and with it facing away from the window. This Help Center article here has some great information on configuring your Motion Settings.

If you’ve made these adjustments to no avail, reach our to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The motion was on high and basically the whole view. I turned on the advanced motion and kept the zones pretty much the whole view. No improvement out of the window. I’ll try using it inside today and report back. Let me know if you meant something different for the motion settings.

Hi there, @Boldlygoborg! which model of Stick Up Camera do you have? Check out this help center article about powered Ring devices and advanced motion detection with windows (towards the end of article). Depending on factors described in the article, motion may not detect through your window. Adjusting your zones and/ or camera angle might help! :slight_smile:

It worked indoors. So I moved it up in the window above the screen so that it has a clear view. We walk on the sidewalk in front of our house several times a day and it’s not picking it up. I turned on the hourly picture and it does that. If can upload a photo of the zones setting maybe you can help me. I have no idea what else to do.

Edit added photo

Hi @Boldlygoborg. Since our suggestion here in the Community have not offered any improvement, try reaching out to our support team to better assist you. Feel free to come back after speaking with support and letting us know how they were able to help!

Did you ever get this figured out? I just got my cameras yesterday and its doing to same thing. I called customer support twice with no success. The second lady eventually hung up on me.

Hi neighbors. We do not advise facing your Ring Security Camera or Doorbell directly at a window. The glass will obstruct the device’s view and negatively impact motion detection. You can learn more about motion detection here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.