Stick Up Cam CONSTANTLY Disconnecting

Is there an actual fix for a Stickup Cam that constantly goes off line? I have searched here and determined this is / was a common issue, but I have yet to find a solution.

I have multiple Ring accessories / sensors for the alarm, along with a Ring doorbell and indoor cam. The doorbell has never had a single issue, but the stick up cam disconnects constantly. When I say constantly — I mean it will disconnect in less than 24 hours. When this happens, it doesn’t reconnect on its own. I have to reconfigure it every single time. Sometimes several days or even weeks will pass before I even notice it has gone offline. I’ve had this since around June of 2020. It would be optimistic to say it has worked for a total of 2 weeks during the time I’ve owned it.

Most of the posts I’ve seen on this topic seem to result in spending 1-2+ hours on the phone with tech support and nothing being resolved… or being told it’s an issue with the Wi-Fi signal strength or speed.

Ring Doorbell RSSI -54
Ring Stickup Cam RSSI -42

I have a Google / Nest router with (2) mesh points. Signal strength to both cameras is good, and I consistently get 100-150mbps down/up when I do a speed test in any room of my house. Considering I’ve never had a single problem with the doorbell, I believe it’s a hardware or software issue in the camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, @J.aussie! With your other Ring devices working as intended in the home, this camera should be as well. If you have a Stick Up Camera Elite and are connecting via wifi, please ensure it is connected to your 2.4 Ghz network. Alternatively, the Stick Up Cam also has ethernet connection capabilities. For any other Stick Up Cam, the 2.4 Ghz wifi is going to be the default connection.

The next best step will be to reset the camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds or going through the steps to reconnect the device. As a test, when setting the camera up again, try leaving it nearest the router for some time to see if it still disconnects. If this concern persists, or if you believe it is a concern with the camera itself, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.

Hello, when the camera goes offline, it doesn’t come back online. It doesn’t even try. Holding the top button to reset the camera is the only way to get it (temporarily) back online. I have done this dozens of times over the past ~6 months. It is less than 10ft from the main router. My Ring doorbell has never disconnected is further away from a router or mesh point than this camera is.

The only thing I have not done is change it to 2.4Ghz. I don’t believe this is possible with the Google / Nest router though. It is dual band, but it automatically switches between 2.4 and 5.0 based on signal strength and bandwidth required. This has not been an issue for any of the devices I have, including the Ring Doorbell, so I don’t see that making a difference.

Is the next step to contact the technical support as mentioned above? I can do this, but it sounds like I will still need to walk through steps that I’ve already done multiple times.

1 Like