Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
User Solution
Closed
Stick Up Cam (Battery) thinks the battery is actually a solar panel
cs-support
battery-security-cameras

I had to swap the battery in my 2nd Gen Stick Up Cam in the back garden last night (as I’ve done many times before). Put the newly charged battery into the cam & it powered up. BUT when I look at it in the app, it says “Add a battery” and say the “Solar Status is Connected” (I don’t have the solar panel at all!) It shows as online, & I get movement notifications, snapshots in the main app page etc, but it won’t let me do a Live View, access audio, etc. What can I do to fix this?

17-01-2024 04:14:32

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @user74584. I’d suggest trying a reboot from the Device Health page first. If that doesn’t fix this, you can fully reset the Stick Up Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Make sure the charged battery is installed during this. After that’s done, walk through a fresh setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should this issue persist after trying the troubleshooting steps listed above, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

19-01-2024 08:09:49

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

18-02-2024 08:10:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User