Stick up cam battery issues

I bought 2 ring stick up cams that have battery packs. I charged them both until green light showed fully charged. As soon as i put it back into camera, its already stating its dead or critically low. Anything i can do about this?

I have had the same issue. Charged up overnight.The camera was updating the firmware when I got a message the battery was flat. It was only in the camera for about 20 minutes. Could the batteries be faulty?

Hey neighbors! To ensure the battery is fully charged, it should be charged for about 8 hours, or until the light on it is just green and not green and amber. Once you know the battery is fully charged, once inserted the battery level should update after about 24 hours or a few events have passed. If you find that the device has not updated, please ensure that the device is showing as online in your Device Health page.

In the event the device is offline, reconnect it to wifi and give it some time to update the battery level. In the event the device is online and the battery level is still low, remove the device (after saving any videos you want), reset it the device (press and hold setup button for 30 seconds), and then set up the device - as if it were the first time!

We have the same issue- bought new batteries charged overnight and as soon. As it is inserted it has a red light notification at battery bank of security can. I’ve tried a reset and reconnect device but it won’t work. I believe the camera is fault. It worked for 5 months

I have tried everything to reset the cam. I bought new batteries even though I know that wasn’t the issue. I have a ring at my front door that and I put the battery in there, it worked fine. I think they should replace these cameras. We’re all having the same issue. I’ve heard similar stories that caused customers to switch companies. I work hard for my money and my cam is less than a year old

1 Like

Both of my stick up cams died simultaneously with the power outage from Ring this morning. Recahrging the batteries does not remedy the problem.

Hi @kenny56. The outage that Ring was experiencing has since been resolved. Please note that the issues within the app and the website were affected, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.