Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
N
Stick up cam battery draining
troubleshooting
battery-life
battery-security-cameras
I installed a fully charged battery 3 days ago and the battery is already depleted by 27% despite motion detection and notification deactivated. The weather is around 20C so cold not an issue. This has now happened with 2 different batteries so I've excluded them as being the source of the problem. What could possibly be draining the battery under these circumstances. My other stick up cams are working fine.

16-09-2021 09:09:25

Responses (9)

C
Hi @NickA. Thank you for mentioning that you have already tried a different battery in an effort to narrow down what may be causing this concern. Have you done any troubleshooting on the Camera itself yet? I'd recommend doing a full reset on the Stick Up Cam after inserting a fully charged battery. To reset the Camera, hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, walk the Cam through a new setup in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if you notice any difference after these steps. :)

16-09-2021 08:47:45

N
Ok - I've done as you've suggested. The battery is currently reading 100%. I'll report back tomorrow. The camera is configured with motion detection deactivated.

17-09-2021 03:02:35

N
Hi Again, I've left it a few days and the battery is reading 100% still! Hopefully this has solved the issue with battery draining. I should have mentioned that when I reset the unit it received an update too.

20-09-2021 10:46:15

S
Thanks for update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same information.

21-09-2021 03:49:49

F
Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here[!](https://www.omegle.kim/)

21-09-2021 01:35:28

N
UPDATE: After only a few 'live views' in the past few days my battery is now reading 41%. I should mention this is one of five stick up cams in use and is the only one giving problems. So, it would seem that the problem is not solved and is triggered by the cam being used. I'm going to leave it for a few days and then read the battery level again and see if it is draining even when not being used.

01-10-2021 09:35:05

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User