Stick Up Cam Battery (2nd Gen) shows wrong charge info

The device says there is a solar charger and the battery is 45%. I don’t have a solar device, and the percentage never changes. I have reset the device but the wrong information was again presented. Even if I fully charge the battery. Any ideas?

Hi @DougDoyle. How did you perform your reset? I would also check to make sure that your Ring app is up to date. Also, try inspecting the port on the Camera for debris, as there may be something inside causing an error with its power source.

Hi Tom. The Ring app is up to date according to the device. I held in the orange button on the bottom to put the camera back into setup mode and followed the prompts. It then updated firmware. The port is clear.

Hey @DougDoyle. Thanks for getting back to me. If you’ve performed a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and this issue is still not corrected, I advise reaching out to our support team to take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks Tom. I was sure that’s what I had done., but to be certain did it again. The app still shows the camera the same. 45% battery and connected to solar - it’s not either. I will call support tomorrow.

Hi Tom. Apparently it has to be replaced.