Stick up cam 3rd generation not consistently activating video

Stick up cams working randomly. Once I watch it live, it takes hours for it allows me go live again. Just says activating. I have done the following: reloaded app, disconnected the cam and reinstalled multiple times. Also reset stickup cam multiple times. Ring spot lights cams work fine. Stick up cam Works right after I install and sometimes for all day. Then it stops. Randomly works later on. Shows active in dashboard not wont go live or record when other cams activate even though they are linked to record.

Hey @Ring2015. Can you tell me if you have a Stick Up Cam Plugin or the Stick Up Cam Battery? In addition, please let me know if you see a critically low battery message in the Ring app under the Device Health page. We have a concern our teams are investigating right now, which is detailed in this thread here. I have a hunch you may have this concern as well, which you can verify with our support team if you would like. For that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.