Since 2 days our stick up camera suddenly doesn’t show the live view anymore. It’s been working perfectly fine for more than 2 years but whenever we’d like to see the live view now, the cam says it can’t connect and we need to check the wifi connection. The live view is also not visible in the dashboard on ring.com.
Our download speed is 166.3 Mbps, our upload speed is 221.8 Mbps. RSSI is -39 and the battery is fully charged. The app also says the cam is online. We have a ring doorbell as well, which is working perfectly fine. Thusfar, based on other topics, we’ve tried the following:
- removed the Ring app, rebooted the mobile phone and reinstalled the app
- resetted both our router and modem
- set up a separate wifi connection for the stick up cam and changed the frequency to 5 Ghz
- a hard reset of the stick up cam, and configured it from scratch (it makes a succesful connection with wifi)
- installed the latest IOS on iPhone
- switched off VPN
- switched off wifi completely and tried to connect with 4G only
When we stand in front of the camera the blue light goes on and it clearly registers there is motion in front of the camera, it just can’t seem to record anything. I’ve read about a Rapid Ring app but that is not available anymore. My guess is that something is wrong either in the app or firmware, either way it is really annoying and frustrating.
Does anyone have any other tips or advice because I feel like we’ve tried about anything to get the camera to work again.
Thanks in advance for any feedback and help!