Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
E
Stick up cam 3rd gen not recognising battery
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras
I have just installed a 3rd gen stick up cam and the battery was faulty,so i bought a new one. It was charged fully at 100% and when put in it showed that and then a few mins later it went offline and wouldnt show live view!! It isnt an official ring battery and we have rebooted reinstalled app etc....but uts still doing it. Anyone had this and did u solve it? Please help!!!😬

25-11-2023 08:03:41

Responses (3)

T
Hi @EvilTwin36. I would suggest only using Ring branded batteries on your Ring devices. 3rd party batteries have not best tested on Ring devices and therefore their functionality cannot be guaranteed.

27-11-2023 05:41:26

E
Ive now got a genuine battery and put a solar charging unit on but it is still losing power...!! Its getting very frustrating!! Anyone had this???

11-12-2023 09:24:02

J
Hi @EvilTwin36. I am happy to chime in. If the Ring Solar Panel is not charging your Cameras battery, try the following steps: - Double-check that the plug from the Solar Panel is inserted all the way into the Camera. - Verify that your Solar Panel has gotten a few hours of direct sunlight. - Factory reset your Camera by pressing and holding the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds. [Reconnect it to your WiFi](https://support.help.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034825092-How-to-Reconnect-Your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera-to-Wifi) after the reset. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

12-12-2023 11:21:54

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

11-01-2024 11:22:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User