Stick up Battery Cam with power supply - Battery still going flat

Hi all

The title really says it all… I have a stick up battery cam and I bought the power supply for it because the battery was always going flat. Unfortunately I still have the problem. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!!

Hi @Homer007. What power supply did you purchase and where did you purchase it from? Additionally, what does it read on the Device Health screen in the Ring App? Feel free to attach a screenshot, but make sure to block out the MAC ID and any other personal information.

Hi
Thank you for responding!!
I bought the power supply from Amazon. Here is the link:

I’ve also attached some screenshots. Within the Ring app, it says that it’s still being powered by battery even though the external power supply is attached. Does that maybe mean that a setting needs to be changed? Maybe I need to see if it works with no battery?

This is a pic of the power supply.

@Homer007 Thanks for sharing that information. You don’t want to remove the battery, as the battery is there as a back-up power source. First, disconnect the power adapter, make sure there is no dirt or debris on the adapter or the Camera itself, then reconnect the adapter. Then try resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring App.

Should it still not recognize the power adapter or charge the battery, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can offer more in-depth troubleshooting support in order to get to the bottom of this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: