Stick spotlight cam bad night vision

Hello, our spotlight cam is almost completely dark on the left side, and is very blurry compared to the rest of the cameras. Daytime is fine and good picture.

Is there anything we can do to fix this.

1 Like

Hi @johnny5. Thank you for sharing the photo. I see what you’re talking about with the left side being darker compared to the rest of the picture. How high is this camera mounted? Are there any other exterior lights in the area? This will give me an idea of the environment and what could be causing the darkness. Thanks!

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I think it is around 12 ft, its mounted on the first floor roof. The only light is from the street lights, and the neighbors porch lights.

Hey there! Thank you for getting back to me. We recommend the camera be mounted at 9 ft. for optimal performance. With your camera being around 12 ft., the infrared lights on the camera may mot be able to reach the area on the far left, causing it to appear darker. I would recommend, if possible, adjusting the location of your camera to give it the optimal performance. If you’ve relocated the camera and you’re still experiencing this issue, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi

Did you get the camera to work?

I have exactly the same issue, the night vision is really bad on my ring spotlight camera, but all my ring stick up cams are way better and that is for half the price ?

I was hoping it could be adjusted, because it’s useless at night as it is now, and if a burgler is coming it would most likely happen while it’s dark.

1 Like

Thanks for the image example, @Reventlow! It looks like there are some surfaces nearby in within the lens field of view. Depending on material, proximity, and environmental lighting, the lens adjustment can be impacted by nearby objects as it focuses on the immediate area.

The best test would be to adjust the angle of this Camera to face outwards, away from the home and into the yard, trying your best to avoid nearby walls or overhangs. This should improve night vision quality. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Sorry didn’t check back here until now, did you get yours fixed??

It was just a little black spot for me, so I ignored it, but now the entire camera is blurry while night vision is on. During the day, the picture is clear.

20210124_200643

So this is quite an old topic. But I’m experiencing exactly the same issue with my two stickup cams. During the day the image is crystal clear, when it gets dark the image gets blurry. Tried all kinds of settings, eventually reset both camera’s. But there seems to be no way to get a clear, sharp image during the night with these camera’s.

Did you ever get the problem resolved?