STATIC coming out of doorbell

I’ve spent the past 2 hours trying to troubleshoot the problem with the new Ring wired doorbell I just bought. Works great until I go into live view or talk to someone through the app. The static coming out of the doorbell is deafening. This is obviously a common problem because it’s all over the web, but I can’t find a solution. Customer support had me reset everything but the problem persists. Are these things just junk or is there really a solution?

Hi @Bazzah. What type of reset did you try? Typically with any type of static or other noise coming from the Doorbell, I’d suggest a full reset of it which you can do by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, try setting the Doorbell back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t resolve this static you’re experiencing, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: