Stand up camera - 3rd Generation - Notification question

Trying to understand the manuals etc and getting nowhere.

is it possible for the cameras to record motion but without me receiving any notification?

i don’t want the pinging on my phone

if so, can some kind soul tell me or show where I can get the answer

%hank you so much for your help

@pcjjk wrote:

Trying to understand the manuals etc and getting nowhere.

is it possible for the cameras to record motion but without me receiving any notification?

i don’t want the pinging on my phone

if so, can some kind soul tell me or show where I can get the answer

%hank you so much for your help

To change “Notification Push” to your phone, from the Dashboard select the upper-left '“3 horizontal lines” to get to the Main Menu, then select “Device”, then select your camera that you wish to adjust. On this page, you’ll see the “Motion Alerts” toggle switch. Toggling this ON or OFF determines if you receive a “Notification Push” or not. Yours is currently toggled ON. To stop receiving notifications, toggle it OFF.

I’m not sure if by “Pinging” you mean the sound you hear caused whenever your phone receives any Notification, or if you are referring to the Ring-generated sound you hear. If it is the Ring sound, below the Motion Alert toggle, scroll up on the lower portion of that on that page and select the “Device Setting” (with the Gear Icon), and then select “Alert Settings.” Ring-generated sounds you hear, are modified by selecting “App Alert Tones.” You should have several sound choices, like Wind Chime, Harp, etc., to include Silent if you don’t want any sounds when the cam detects motions.

So now you can tailor the the notifications and sounds to best fit your needs.

More Information and Manuals are available at:

For the Stick-Up Cam (3rd Gen) Plug in version:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/sections/360006458931-Stick-Up-Cam-Plug-in-3rd-Generation-

For the Stick-Up Cam (3rd Gen) Battery version:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/sections/360006458791-Stick-Up-Cam-Battery-Solar-3rd-Generation-

I found these above links from the Ring.com and selecting Help > Device Help > Product Support, and then choose your device.

Hope this helps you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance and kindness

1 Like

On a Android phone you can always set the notification to silent. Or turn off all notifications in the notification settings on the phone. Or you can turn off the notification in the app itself.

1 Like

@pcjjk wrote:

Thank you for your assistance and kindness

My pleasure. :slight_smile: