Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
A
Spotlight Camera losing signal next to router
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
I can’t seem to figure out why my camera keeps disconnecting outside. If I mount it 10 ft up on my eaves it drops connection, but if it’s right at my head (around 6 ft) then it’s fine. I have an eero mesh Pro router in the garage right behind the wall where it’s mounted so it’s not a signal issue. It’s just that when I hop on my ladder and raise the camera higher than 6 feet it’ll disconnect instantly. I didn’t buy this camera to have it at head height lol. Is this a faulty camera? I’ve done all the troubleshooting stuff like rebooting the router, swapping out the Eero, changing outlets, factory resetting the camera etc.

19-03-2022 11:39:48

Responses (1)

M
There may be something in the garage blocking signal, such as an appliance or thick walls. Check out your [RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), to ensure for optimal wifi signal.

22-03-2022 02:49:14

A
That’s the thing. It’s right behind the wall. There’s no way an Eero isn’t giving it wifi through a wall like that. The RSSI score is 29 so it doesn’t seem like that’s the issue but like clockwork if I raise the camera above 6 feet it disconnects every time.

25-03-2022 12:31:26

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User