Spotlight Camera losing signal next to router

I can’t seem to figure out why my camera keeps disconnecting outside. If I mount it 10 ft up on my eaves it drops connection, but if it’s right at my head (around 6 ft) then it’s fine. I have an eero mesh Pro router in the garage right behind the wall where it’s mounted so it’s not a signal issue. It’s just that when I hop on my ladder and raise the camera higher than 6 feet it’ll disconnect instantly. I didn’t buy this camera to have it at head height lol. Is this a faulty camera? I’ve done all the troubleshooting stuff like rebooting the router, swapping out the Eero, changing outlets, factory resetting the camera etc.

There may be something in the garage blocking signal, such as an appliance or thick walls. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal.

That’s the thing. It’s right behind the wall. There’s no way an Eero isn’t giving it wifi through a wall like that. The RSSI score is 29 so it doesn’t seem like that’s the issue but like clockwork if I raise the camera above 6 feet it disconnects every time.