Spotlight Camera Fails to Connect to WiFi

I have a ring doorbell and two spotlight cameras. Recently one of the cameras went offline and I cannot get it to re-connect to WiFi. I have reset it multiple times and brought the camera right next to the router with no success. It is showing my router fine with a green signal strength status on the WiFi selection screen. Any thoughts?

Hi Ring Helpdesk, I have the same issue and is unable to use it. Is there a hard reset button that we can do aside from pressing the reset button?

Mine also went off line. Finally took it down put new batteries in and tried again to connect to wifi. It won’t. I even deleted the connection and started over. As soon as I put the battery in the light starts flashing quickly and it will not connect to wifi. Is this spotlight broke or is there a hard reset? I think it is stuck in blink mode.

Hey neighbors! To reconnect to wifi, your Spotlight Cam will need to be put into setup mode, which is indicated by the flashing white light on the bottom. If it does not appear to be going into setup mode, or the wifi connection is failing even when the Camera is near the router, please give the following steps a try.

• First, ensure the battery is fully charged by plugging it into the charger and leaving it plugged in until only the green LED is lit on the battery.
  • After inserting the fully charged battery, perform a full reset of the Camera by holding down the setup button on the top for 30 seconds.
  • Once that’s done, attempt to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

If the Camera is still not going into setup mode, I recommend reaching out to our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at this and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Let us know if the steps I recommended worked, or what support recommended as it may help others in this thread! :slight_smile: