Spotlight camera both batteries being used

Hi there, has anyone experienced their spotlight camera using two batteries, both running down together? On my other camera, it uses up one battery first before using the other one.

Hi @dengor. Remove both batteries from your Spotlight Cam and fully charge them using the provided charging cable. This can take about 8 hours for each battery. Ensure the Spotlight Cam’s battery slots are free and clear of any dirt or debris, and then insert both fully charged batteries. Monitor the Spotlight Cam for the next few days to make sure everything is performing as expected. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply Caitlyn. I have tried this a few times already, but still the same. I will try resetting the camera next…

1 Like

@dengor If this concern persists after the reset as well, I’d recommend you give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I reset the camera and reconnected it to Ring app. It now seems to be using the left battery first, whilst right battery currently staying the same. Will continue to monitor and report back if the problem returns.

1 Like

OK, I think there’s something wrong with my spotlight camera. After a while, it begins discharging both batteries at the same time. That’s even after putting in a different battery. Guess I’ll have to give support a call…

1 Like

HI @dengor. Yes, I recommend following up with our support team on this.