Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T
Spotlight Camera Battery Recognition
troubleshooting
cs-support
battery-security-cameras
I have a battery operated spotlight camera. Two fully charged batteries are installed. Intermittently, the camera/app does not recognize one of the batteries. Sometimes it not recognize battery 1, sometimes it will not recognize battery 2, sometimes both batteries WILL be recognized. “Going Live” will sometimes resolve the issue, but not for long … eventually the problem will return again. Any suggested fixes out there. NOTE: Rebooting also provides a mere temporary fix ON OCCASION.

06-10-2023 12:45:21

Responses (2)

J
Hi @TheMontanaHousehold. You can also try factory resetting your Camera and then [reconnecting it to your wifi](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034825092-How-to-Reconnect-Your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera-to-Wifi) to see if it helps. To factory reset your Camera, press and hold the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372) a call for further assistance.

09-10-2023 04:21:03

T

None of Ring’s support suggestions work. Problem remains. Either one or both batteries are not recognized and I continue to receive annoying notifications that tell me that one of my batteries is not charged (even though it is fully charged). This is a long-standing problem that has been observed by several of Ring’s customers. Does Ring have any intention of fixing the problem? If not, please let me know and I will replace my system with something note reliable. A lack of meaningful response to this request will be perceived as a problem that Ring has no intention of fixing.

16-12-2023 06:16:24

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User