Spotlight camera battery not working

I have 3 spotlights camera all battery and solar panel on each one.
My problem is one of them stop working saying battery need recharge which I did ,after charged did not work either so I purchased 2 new batteries fully charged and did not turn on ,so now what do I need a new camera how to know if camera is bad?
Thank you

Hi there, @MuyTico! Great call on trying out other batteries. The best next step will be to ensure there is not any debris in the battery slot and that the hatch door is closed securely. If there are no lights or response coming from the Spotlight Camera when entering a fully charged battery, please try a reset by holding it’s setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, try a setup to see if your Camera will reconnect and operate as intended with a fully charged battery.

If this concern persists despite trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.